beginners tutorial - Learn VB6
VB6 tutorial - Learn Advanced VB6
Analysis - System analysis and Design tutorial for Software Engineering
You are here: Visual
Basic > Advanced VB6 tutorial
> Chapter 3
Other Events Commonly Used for Input Validation
In the chapter on Input Validation, we discuss several more events at length.
We mention them briefly here as well for completeness:
Keystroke events, including the
KeyPress, KeyUp, and KeyDown
events, fire when the user hits keys at the keyboard.
GotFocus and LostFocus events
happen when focus comes to or leaves a control. Note, of course, that the Label
does not support these two events (it can't get focus).
This chapter covered the following topics:
- Creating and editing a menu with the Menu Editor
- Modifying a menu item's appearance in code
- Programming with Pop-Up menus
- Programming with menu control arrays
- Important properties and events of CommandButtons, TextBoxes, and Labels
<< Previous | Contents
| Next (Chapter 4) >>