The idea of a conceptual design, a logical design, and a physical design, as
noted in the preceding section, belongs to VB5 and Visual Studio 5 documentation;
here it is referred to as the VB Enterprise Development Model.
Brief descriptions of the three design phases follow:
- Conceptual design regards the system from the point of view of the proposed
- Logical design identifies the business objects and underlying services required
by the conceptual design.
- Physical design identifies the specific implementations of the logical design,
including the specific hardware and software solutions.
The following sections of this lesson deal with them more extensively.
- The Conceptual Design
- Deriving the Logical Design From the Conceptual
- Deriving the Physical Design From the Logical